Published: Monday, 19 September 2016
Srinagar: Bodies of 17 martyred jawans in Sunday's Uri terror attack will be brought to Srinagar today. The soldiers were martyred in the attack after heavily armed terrorists stormed an the army camp in the town in the early hours. In a counter action, security forces gunned down four terrorists, belonged to Jaish e Mohammed.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Narendra Modi have strongly condemned the Uri terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir . Mukherjee said, ''Heartfelt condolences to families of those bereaved in Uri terrorist attack; prayers for speedy recovery of injured''.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has also condemned the militant attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir. In a statement issued by Ban’s spokesperson said, the Secretary-General hopes that the perpetrators of this crime will be identified and brought to justice.
Army releases names of Jawans martyred in Uri:
1. Subedar Karnail Singh (J&K)
2. Havildar Ravi Paul (J&K)
3. Sepoy Rakesh Singh (Bihar)
4. Sepoy Javra Munda (Jharkhand)
5. Sepoy Naiman Kujur (Jharkhand)
6. Sepoy Uike Janrao (Maharashtra)
7. Havildar NS Rawat (Rajasthan)
8. Sepoy Ganesh Shankar (U.P.)
9. Naik SK Vidarthi (Bihar)
10. Sepoy Biswajit Ghorai (West Bengal)
11. Lance Naik G Shankar (Maharashtra)
12.Sep G Dalai (West Bengal)
13. Lance Naik RK Yadav (U.P.)
14. Sepoy Harinder Yadav (U.P.)
15. Sepoy TS Somnath (Maharashtra)
16. Havildar Ashok Kumar Singh (Bihar)
17. Sepoy Rajesh kr Singh (U.P.)